Primary School – Educational Opportunities
Co-Curricular Activities in the Primary Department
Beyond the classroom, the school offers a wide range of co-curricular activities. Participation in sporting, cultural and other co-curricular activities provides an opportunity for Toongabbie Christian School students to extend their gifts and talents while learning the skills of team work and leadership.
This program varies from year to year, but may include:
- Inter-school competitions in swimming, athletics, cross-country, gymnastics, soccer, netball, cricket, softball.
- Music and the Performing Arts
- Ministry Choir, Concert Bands, Dance, performing arts competitions, Stage 3 Chapel Band, cultural and performance experiences
- Art Competitions
- Science Club
- Student Leadership opportunities
- Camp/Outdoor Education program
- Garden group
At Toongabbie Christian School, we seek to encourage students of all ability levels to reach their full potential. Our Educational Support team enables the range of learners at TCS to successfully access the curriculum, and participate in the life of the school.
- Our Learning Support Teacher works with students experiencing learning difficulties related to language, literacy and numeracy.
- Our English as a Second Language Teacher works with students from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds for whom English is a second language (EAL/D).
Enrichment (Gifted and Talented) Program
- Our Enrichment Teacher works with students and class teachers to ensure that those students identified as having atypical gifts and talents receive enriched and extended learning tasks. Students are encouraged to share their God-given gifts with others.