YEAR 12, 2014
Many of our Year 12 students achieved personal bests after many years of struggling academically. The majority of the students who aimed to enter university have been successful and others have accessed TAFE or work options. Some highly academic students achieved very strong results. These include five students with ATARS over 90:
- Joshua Dunn
- Emaleen Najjar
- Tanya D’Silva
- Colman Leung
- Ezekiel Marquez
One of our accelerated students, Joanna Fernando (Yr 11) achieved top band marks in Extension 1 & 2 Mathematics. Lachlan Peacock (Yr 11) achieved a mark in the top band for Extension 2 English.
YEAR 12 and YEAR 10 STUDENTS, 2013
The last part of secondary education is marked by rites of passage such as graduation, a formal and the external examinations: the Higher School Certificate. We are challenged each year not to be caught up in the hype of HSC honour board results and yet we do recognise the effort that all of our students and their families have expended in trying to achieve academic personal bests.
In light of this we would like to congratulate the Year 10 Grade and Year 12 Grade of 2013, many of whom have achieved personal bests in their RoSA grades and HSC.
Some HSC highlights were:
- Jay Byun who attained an ATAR of 98.5
- 2 students achieved 93% in individual subjects (exam or final mark)
- Bradley Elliot Watson was nominated for “OnStage”, the showcase for the best Drama performances in NSW
- Lucas Nicotra was nominated for “Art Express”, the showcase for the best Visual Arts bodies of Work in NSW
- Joshua Dunn, an accelerated student who achieved a Band 6 result in Extension 2 Mathematics
- Two students achieved ATARS over 95: Jay Byun and Samuel Isaac
It is also delightful to see that the majority of the students who aimed to enter university courses were offered first round university places.
It is our prayer, moreover, that all of the graduating students of 2013 use the educational opportunities that have been given to them through TCS to continue in their faith and to fulfil our mission for them – to become Christ-centred and influential adults for life and eternity. Please be in prayer for them as they move into the next, exciting phase of their lives.